For acceptance into any of LCC’s programs students must:
- Be 17+ years old. If a student in any program is under the age of 19, a parent or adult guardian must sign their contract.
- Meet Canadian visa requirements.
- Have valid medical insurance. We advise that you purchase medical insurance before leaving your country.
Career Co-op Diploma Program
- Be 18+ years old or have evidence of high school graduation.
- Have an English competency level of at least CLB 5 (upper intermediate).
- Meet all other general eligibility requirements. *See all programs requirements.
*If you finished an ESL courses more than 1 year before registering in a co-op program your English competency will be retested.
By the start of the co-op work component, students must:
- Be 19+ years old.
- Have successfully completed the co-op study component.
- Have a Canadian Study Permit and Co-op Work Permit OR a Working Holiday Visa
- Have a Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Have medical insurance coverage until the end of your co-op.
If a student does not meet the minimum admission requirements of a course, the student cannot register for that course. These requirements cannot be waived.
If necessary, registrars can suggest an alternative course which the student is qualified to take.
English Language Competency Chart
If you have a recent IELTS, TOEFL, or CLB test score, please provide us with a copy of your results when you register for a program.
If you have not taken any of these assessments, you can take the LCC English Assessment Test. For test access and instructions email email@example.com. In your email please include your name, planned program name, planned start date, and your current status in Canada.